"The Promise"

Close to you, always by your side,
I promise I will be your bride. 
We will hunt and care for each other.
We will always look for one another.

Stay with me, we will be in command.
Stay with me in this cold lonely land.
I will never be afraid of you,
I will never be afraid with you.

I will jump on you to embrace,
I will bite you with grace.
I will play with you in the snow,
rolling you down like a foe.

The pack we will steer,
through the forest against deer,
we will lead them on mountains’ top,
and nobody will ever give us a stop.

Even the grizzly will be aware
nothing can chase us as a pair.
And when the pray is on our site,
we will never stand back from a fight.

This land is ours,
that’s what we prove with our powers.
The trees know it, the grass knows it,
the singing of the owl shows it.

And when the moon is up in the sky,
this promise we’ll renew, you and I.


No comments:

Post a Comment